Monday, July 30, 2012

July

As usual, it was a full month! Fourth of July, trips here and there, we bought a Suburban, Eric's birthday and the month culminates with Gunnar's palate repair (which will be a separate post unto itself).
Fourth of July we hosted our bible study pals.  Here is little Leah, her Ma, Holly, holding GW, Nana holding LindyJean, and Tim stabbing a 'mallow for roasting.  We had a gigantic meal, smores, and finished the night with fireworks.  This appears to be one of the only photos I managed.  

Berries. Yum, super dooper yum. Enough said.

Outdoor breakfast at Nana & Grandad's.

Eric






We were perfecting our British accents this month.  Limey bugger!

This is the best pasta salad ever. It was insanely delicious.  I just made it up on the spot, served with crusty bread and a green salad... voila!

New haircut, it had been quite long and scraggly.  I used to get it cut every ten weeks.  It seems I am lucky to get a trim every 6 months or so.

Visit to Dana, Salome, and Mariel.

BLACKBERRIES
The gals from our bible study group decided to go to a local u-pick blackberry farm, Blackberries Jubilee.  The bushes are thornless and in order to get anything done, we just let them roam, 95% unsupervised, like the scallywags they are and they made absolute pigs of themselves.  It was spectacular.
Enlarge this photo and check out how gross GW is.


Blackberry cobbler.

3 comments:

Kara said...

I have already forgotten what summer feels like. What a blast! I'm so glad that Gunnar's surgery is behind him (and you). Hooray!! Everyone looks so great and so happy! Lots of love to you all <3

Brian and Staci said...

I need more British Accent videos please! :)

Grandma LoLo said...

I like so many things about this post. Your hair! , love the hat and the salad. Gunnar's legs with the stains really had me laughing. You must post once a week I have missed you.