Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts

Today's September 11. I hope no one's forgotten the significance of this date. Say a prayer for the families directly affected by the tragedies.

Adelaide threw her first real temper tantrum last night. In front of my visiting, 90 year-old Grandmother. It was a hideous display of unbelievable rottenness and I wanted to throw her out the window. Instead, I took a deep breath, threw her in the tub, and promptly put her to bed (at 6:15). She was literally screaming at me, she got herself so worked up her face turned near purple and she started hyperventilating. IT WAS AWFUL. I didn't know what to do with her. It is going to take a significant amount of energy and willpower to properly parent her. Dear Lord, please give me strength & patience. Amen!

My sister is awesome. Do you know how talented she is? Be sure to check out her personal (http://www.fawfamily.blogspot.com/) and professional (http://www.stacijdesignsandimages.blogspot.com/) blogspots. Staci has two speeds, dead asleep and 500 mph. She gets more done in a day than one might think is humanly possible and she has more creative talent in her pinky toe than I've got in my entire body. I adore her.

Harvest & crush has begun at the vineyard & winery. I love wine. Kestrel makes good wine, really good wine. The whole valley will begin to smell like fermenting grapes and ripening concords in about 2 or so weeks. The evenings and mornings are crisp and the days warm. This is the BEST time of year. Wine, hmmmmhmmm, wine! I think that we'll have a bottle of Kestrel's Coferment Syrah with dinner tonight. Barbequed pork tenderloin, roasted beets, baked potatoes and an herb & tomato salad.

Our neighbors are moving to Nebraska. That just plain stinks. Tara & Steve are fabulous to have next door - they are thirty something, have children Bitty's age, and have the same moral & political values that we do. They had three showings to potential buyers yesterday and you should have seen me... Mrs. Peeping Tom trying to see who was looking at the place. Once I realized what I was doing, I had a good laugh at myself.

4 comments:

riggs family said...

oh the fits! The fun has just begun. Payton and Jenna have thrown some award winning fits, and it is never when your at home alone. Payton loves to throw them at church functions, with tons of other mom's around. He always wins himself a nap or a good long session of alone time in his room until he can come out and act like a human again. I think she is one of the cutest babies ever, with a personality that makes her even cuter. good luck, and wish me the same, I need it!

Brian and Staci said...

Good post...not just becuase you mentioned me either, I like your random thoughts becuase you write them so well. I might have gotten the creative genes, but you got the cooking and the brains. We each have our own talents, somedays I wish I was half as smart as you! :)

Queen of Dirt said...

I tried to dole out the talents equally since I had so much to contribute, such a loaded genetic pool to draw from, peanut gallery........shut up.

Trisha said...

I adore your sister too! She is simply amazing... and is a blessing to have near.
Thanks for sharing your "baby-wisdom". I'm completely overwhelmed, but it is comforting to hear your insights. Hope to see you soon!