Friday, January 21, 2011

The throne.

This may be slightly crass, but the photo is something I find very amusing. LindyJean uses the throne.
One evening, before bath time I set her on the toilet. As she can sit up and she's not so small she'll fall in, I thought if I poured a little warm water on her she would relieve herself there and not in the bath. Subsequently, she pooped and has every time I've done it. Bizarre.
Adelaide gives her much encouragement and it has become obvious, even at the tender age of 7 months, that Bitty's approval is very much sought after.

I apologize to our loyal followers for my lack of updates. Staci called me the other day and asked me (as we usually talk on the phone everyday, at least once), "What are you doing lately - your blogging stinks and I haven't talked to you much." She may have threatened blog purgatory and possibly excommunication if I didn't get it together and post something soon. Of course, my lame excuses are that we are super, dooper busy and I can't ever remember to snap photos. There's been plenty of social occasions presented for excellent photo opportunities... however, I haven't managed to remove the camera from my bag. Either way, I intend to do better, we'll see!

8 comments:

gammy said...

Putting LindyJean on the toilet, certainly is a "productive" move. She is to cute!

About Staci J said...

dude....that is sooo funny!!!! she looks so excited! oh man!

Lori O. said...

Jolene that is just amazing! I think you might have the record for potty training what cha think?

Jeff and Emily said...

Even though a picture of someone on a toilet shouldn't be cute, this is such a cute picture! She looks so excited of her accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Hey butter bean, you look so happy sittin on the throne.

The Johnsons said...

This is outrageous! Que suerte tienes!

sarah fuccillo photography said...

so cute! will you come over and teach justus!!???

i think staci gave up on my blog... pretty sure she doesn't read it anymore because of my lack of updates.

Trisha said...

Oh my word! This picture is worth the wait of your blogging vacation.