Friday, April 13, 2012

Ready, jump.


Before he started crawling, diving from high places, and generally being a daredevil (which he does now (June 5, 2012)) I would leave him on the bed with Adelaide to watch him for a minute, in order to complete 90 second tasks (such as using the restroom or stirring what's bubbling on the stovetop).  

I come back to find her using him as her hurdle.  Bitty says, "LOOK MAMA, look, check it out, I am a SUPER jumper!!!"  Mama replies, "What happened to your pants?" Bitty emphatically states, "They were interfering with my jumpiness." Mama counters, "Really?!!?!!! How 'bout you STOP using Buster as a jumping hurdle, put on your pantalones, and read him a story?" Bitty retorts, "He doesn't know about stories, he's a tiny baby, he likes to watch me hop around!" Mama, exasperated and slightly amused, says "Fine, but if you squish him - it's big trouble for you." Bitty, always one to get the last word, states "Don't worry Mama, my jumpiness is awesome."
(I journal here and there and this is one of those moments that I felt needed recording for posterity.)

The motley crew...

6 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Delightful!

Kara said...

What a crazy, fun, scary story! I love how they always know best :) And I am super impressed of them all sitting together for a picture!

gammy said...

They keep you on your toes.....love them to pieces!

Grandma LoLo said...

Love, Love the pic of the 3 of them on the bed together.

Brian and Staci said...

I feel like there is hardly any pics of the three of them together. Nicely done!

cderner said...

Jolene, you seriously have the cutest 3 kids I've ever seen. I want to kiss his cheeks!