Saturday, August 31, 2013

iPhone captures - August

Below are the random events of August captured via phone, most likely because I forgot my camera.  Is anyone else irritated with that fancy(ier), largish camera that is hard to lug around and I have no idea how to use (except on auto) anyhow? I'm just saying. Also, according to the photography expert, the shutter, I think that's the part, only last so long and that's why the camera is no longer focusing on queue and often misses the shot.
GW has really begun to talk, although mostly unintelligibly, and there are numerous new words daily.  My favorite is his backwards way of saying "potato."

Yes, I grew a 2 lb tomato, and a 2 weeks ago - a 2 lb 12 oz one... the variety is a Aunt Ruby's Giant German Green and they are beautiful, enormous, and super tasty.

Children being amused on an amusement park style ride.

Yet, again!

All those peaches we picked in the previous post, aside from being canned, my husband informed me made the absolute, without a doubt best pie I've baked to date.  Yum, yum, extra yum!

As we were drawing close to the start of the 'school year,' Aunty Staci bought Bitty school supplies and a back pack for her birthday.  Which, she did not remove for a week except to sleep. We are learning to read and teaching your child is rewarding, frustrating, and is likely teaching me more than her.

Remember those roosters we slaughtered a couple of posts ago, the hens who are no longer being harassed by carousing, competing roosters are happily laying once again.  A few of Emily's hens are Americanas and they lay the tiniest and most lovely of eggs.  The white one, for perspective, is a medium size grocery store egg, which are not very big and look how big it is compared to the Americana eggs?  


5 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

The 2 pound mater looks awesome!

Grandma LoLo said...

I had a bumper crop of cherry tomates that were only halted by old man winter. Your 2lb tomato is something , enter one in the county fair next year. Kids look great ! Keep posting love to see them

Jeff and Emily said...

That tomato is AWESOME!!! Yum.

Kara said...

Those little eggs are perfect kid size! And hooray for teaching reading! Good luck with that! Getting her to love reading is one of the best things you can do for her!

The MK Crew said...

My sibs/parents just started a family blog so we can keep better track of each other since we are spread from Hawaii to South Carolina now, so that inspired me to jump back into the blogging world. I was so excited to see all you have posted. Your kids are super cute and it looks like they are full of spunk! (I wonder where they get that from?!) As I read, I was reminded of how hilarious you are! We'll most likely be in Prosser next summer, hopefully we can meet up!