Sunday, January 4, 2009

Post Holiday Update

   Here it is, Sunday night, after a seemingly long holiday.  Eric took vacation time from the 24th until today (January 4) and I have not had much time for posting as I had two babies to take care of full time.  I really do believe that there is a lot of truth in the statements women make when they speak of the 'kids' they care for- their children and their husband.  One of Eric's favorite songs by the prodigious Guy Clark sums it up very nicely, "The only difference between the men and the boys, is the size of their feet and the price of their toys..."
   In all seriousness, it has been great to have Eric at home for an extended period of time.  He never gets time off and we just stayed at home and enjoyed ourselves.  We also began a horribly necessary diet!  The six days at my parents was mostly spent feasting on my grandmother's delectable cookies and a whole host of other incredibly fattening fare.  Upon returning home to the realization that the month and half's work that I had put into removing some of pregnancy's damage could be not only halted, but reversed in a mere week left me rather distressed.  So, it's back on the healthy wagon.  Eric has also suffered from holiday gluttony and is being subjected to far more vegetables and salads than he'd prefer.  Too bad.

PHOTOS: below are a few favorites from December 23-26.  I will post more after I sort through the five gadrillion that I need to upload.

Here is Adelaide with her new acquaintance, Miss Brynlee.  I was very fortunate to have had the opportunity to receive a visit from a childhood friend, whom I have not seen in a very long time.  It was lovely to chat and her kid is beyond adorable.  

Bitty in her new snowsuit, propped up by a snow bank and loving it!
Aunty Staci, JoMama, & Bitty enjoying our white Christmas... rather fitting that the baby's first Christmas be so blustery.  Hoorah for snow and lots of it!

Ta Ta For Now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!