Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bienvenue Baby

Caleb Justin Jennings Cottrell
Welcome to our world!

Saturday I had the opportunity to spend the day with Shala and her brand spankin' new baby boy.  He was born April 17.  I couldn't believe how tiny he was, it has only been nine months since Adelaide's arrival and I had already forgotten how teeny tiny our children are when we first meet them.  I commented to Shala, "Is it a mere miracle that the human race has survived?" She replied, (nodding, while looking at him with those 'I am achingly in love with this baby' eyes) "He's so vulnerable."  

It was a lovely day.  We just visited, folded laundry, had lunch, and talked baby.  She looks incredible, always has. 

Please find the time to pray for Shala.  While Caleb's arrival is a joyous & blessed occasion, she is still grieving something fierce for Justin (go on ahead and add insane with postpartum hormones on top of that).  

Bless you and that baby, my friend!  

3 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

Look at that little scrunched up face...hehehe!

Martinez Family said...

What a cutie! I am thinking about your friend. I can't imagine being in that situation. I hope having a little piece of her husband left behind in that adorable little boy will bring her some relief.

Fuccillo Family said...

he's beautiful!