Friday, May 8, 2009

Week in Review

This time of year is always busy, however it seems more so this year.   We've got a baby to care for, a garage to rebuild, a garden/yard to tend, Kestrel Vintners is back on my plate, the dog needs some TLC, the occasional event on the social calendar... there's more.  I am not complaining; I just realized that I need to stop lying to myself - "Once we get through 'fill-in-the-blank' things will slow down a bit and I'll catch my breath."  That is NEVER going to happen, ever.  
This weekend will be lots of work.  We have to work on the garage, plant dahlias, tomatoes, strawberries, sunflowers, cucumbers, & some miscellaneous other stuff, bath the dog (he smells), go the the farmer's market, do the Mother's day thing, clean house, & more.  

Adelaide chews on everything lately, if she had teeth she'd be more destructive than Atila was at her age.  Maybe she's teething?

Here is the first stages of the garage rebuild.  Eric was on his fishing trip last weekend, so it's been on hold for a week.  Hopefully, this weekend we'll accomplish something - that is, if the weather & baby cooperate.
I love this sweatshirt!  Uncle Brian & Aunty Staci gave it to Bitty when she was 9 weeks in utero.  She finally grew into it at 4 months (postpartum) and it still fits nicely.  

There are not really words for this one... 

7 comments:

Fuccillo Family said...

i didn't know kids chewed on shoes too! ha! did staci tell you that i'm going to try to come to tri cities in june or july and i would LOVE to see you and little B! we'll have to work something out. she keeps getting more beautiful every day.

Martinez Family said...

I LOVE the pictures of Bitty in her John Deere shirt! Such a little character!

Brian and Staci said...

Seriously I can't wait for this kid to be like 2 years old- I can't even imagine the things that are going to come out of her mouth! Nice work on the garage Captain Destruct-o!

Anonymous said...

No words are needed - the face and bitty are just perfect! Guess I'm a little biased though.
Susie

Kara said...

I'm impressed with your husband's handy work! The garage is taking form. I've been trying to get Russ to build me a closet.

riggs family said...

I LOVE the faces that bitty pulls off. I think you may have met your match with that one. BTW My 5 year old niece loves your mom. She told me all about the laundry shoot at their new house and how she and your mom played with it. Alexis has decided that she is the coolest adult ever!!!

Jeff and Emily said...

I wish Jeff knew how to build things! I'm not sure what I'd have him build though. Maybe a tree fort? I've always wanted one of those...