Sunday, February 28, 2010

Moon

Not that I'd EVER live up to you know who... but I bought a couple books and have been trying to figure out how cameras really work. Terms like ISO, F-stop, shutter speed, and aperture are terminally frustrating at this point, but I'll figure it out soon. Stace and I came back from an ice cream run and found that the moon was this HUGE, glowing orange fireball. It was gorgeous. Apparently, to capture it in it's glory as our eyes perceive it you need a mega, telescope style lens - something neither Stace nor myself can afford.
Color is decent, but overall this picture is a pathetic and nearly unpostable portrait of what we were seeing.


Here is what happens when your shutter speed is real slow and you wiggle like Staci Jean with ants in her pants... it's just like fooling around with sparklers!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I love the "ants in her pants" picture :) It looks like you were starting to make a star. I wonder if you could spell out your name with the shutter speed so slow...

The Johnsons said...

For the record, when I saw the subject line and had gone no further, I thought we were going to get Bitty booty shots!