Monday, February 1, 2010

Havin' a baby.

We've been attending birthing class... a la midwives. If you did not already know, we are happily using a midwife instead of an OB this go round. As a closing to the class, we invited our midwives and the other couple taking the class to dinner.

Robin (due March 3), her daughter Kimberly, me, Lori (midwife), Alex (Kristin's son), Kristin (midwife).

Here's Robin relaxing after we gorged ourselves on Porterhouse steaks and apple pie! She and her husband are from middle of nowhere, northwestern Montana. They are a great couple and this is their second child and second midwife & homebirth baby. We really like them.


Here we are showing off the belly... I am only 21 weeks along (gestation is 40 weeks, for those of you wondering) and it is very obvious that I will once again sport a HUGEMONGOUS belly before this over. (If you need a reference go back and find the "Bitty's 6 months" post from last February). I have been surprised by how different this pregnancy has been, however in the belly bigness category it appears there will be little difference - certainly I couldn't get any larger than last time!

7 comments:

The Johnsons said...

"Certainly I couldn't get any larger than last time!" Talk about tempting fate, woman! However, it is clear that you shrink down nicely after you "drop the calf" (as your doting husband says), so I say to enjoy living large for the duration!

The Johnsons said...

P.S. You look great. I don't think I made that clear enough! :-)

Lori O. said...

Oh I just can't wait. You do look great and very happy.. Was your apple pie from scratch? Going to Breckridge to see snow sculptures wish you lived closer. Boo Hoo

The MK Crew said...

I agree-you look great! And sometimes a different pregnancy means different gender. :) Although I have 3 girls and three somewhat different pregnancies and deliveries. So, who can tell, really?

Brian and Staci said...

I am going with Katie on this one, you may have just jinxed your self! Looks like fun!

riggs family said...

don't worrry I'm just as large, When is your due date by the way? You however look cute!

Kara said...

You are so brave!! I am proud of you for doing what is right for you and your family. You are looking great!!