Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sous Chef

My friends, Amber & Pam, and I started a Potluck Book Club. The idea is to read food-themednovels or non-fiction and when bookclub convenes we each bring a dish to share inspired by what we've read. It's fun! Having read Gabriel, Cinnamon & Clove, by Jorge Amado, we met at Amber's and I made Esfirras Massakara (Esfihas) and a Brazilian Bolo cake.

The first dish appears to be the Brazilian version of an empanada, however it is yeast bread (not pastry) filled with an interesting and delectable mix of caramelized onion, chili, braised beef, tomato, black pepper, ginger, and coconut milk.

While I neglected to take any photos of us at bookclub, I do have a couple to show how very helpful my petit sous chef was during food prep.





The mess was obscene.

4 comments:

Kara said...

She is going to be the very best cook ever! She has been helping you in the kitchen for so long already, and she's not even two. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Jeff and Emily said...

what a fun idea! I would love to join a book club sometime... I just have to start reading again!

Queen of Dirt said...

Miss Bitty looks more like the head taster/sampler. Dad made the pioneer womans flat apple pie and it's the best pie I ever had!

About Staci J said...

Love the one of her drinking from the measuring cup...a little something something in there? Maybe make her sleep better?