Friday, April 9, 2010

29th Birthday

I am certain my birthday would have been an abject failure without the organizational zeal and party making genius of Staci Jean. She arrived on Thursday and we took some photos (I'm sure she'll post those). On Friday she took me for a pedicure, we came home and I got a nap, and then family arrived for dinner. It was a LOVELY day.
Opening presents.

Miss Bitty & Boss - obviously engaged in some very important conversation.

Delicious Lemon Ginger Cake layered with blackberry jam & lemon curd and topped with candied ginger and pistachios. It was soooooo good.


AddyLouHoo and Aunty Staci. Bitty adores her, on Saturday morning she awoke and when I went to fetch her from the crib she looked at me and said, "Staci, where is she?"

2 comments:

About Staci J said...

I love birthday celebrations and experimenting on cake recipes! Wahoo! I certainly didn't do it all, Eric chicken was delish, Trudi's taters we awesome, and Dad's bread was fantastic. Group effort!

The Johnsons said...

Jo, I knew it was your birthday and kept meaning to call. I didn't. I'm sorry. So glad it was a good one - a nice way to end the decade!