Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Two


LindyJean was born two weeks and 3 days ago. How is it going with two, you might ask? My house is a disaster - but everyone is getting fed, has clean underwear, we haven't missed a social engagement or storytime, I am cloth diapering, the garden and all my potted plants are still alive, and I am feeling pretty good. It's definitely going to take some time to get it together, but we are managing nicely. Adelaide finds it much easier to disobey orders and get into mischief (there have been a series of shenanigans that I have not had time, nor patience, to document). When she's good, she's absolutely fabulous; when she's bad, it's stinkin' awful. LindyJean sleeps, nurses, & needs diaper changes. She's an excellent snuggler. So far, so good...

I let Bitty pick out her own outfit - a grass skirt and swimsuit t-shirt and "Piggies, Mama, right now!" She wore this all day. Yes, I took her out in public like that - you have got to choose your battles at this point.
This is how LindyJean, the butter bean, spends most of her day.


Check out the rolls. I hope she stays slightly chubby like this. It's cute.

8 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

your such a good journaler...is that a word? well either way, i always love reading what you write. nice outfit addylouhoo.

Lori O. said...

Lindy jean is so pretty and thank the good lord for blessing you with a quiet one for the second round. I agree with Staci your writing skills are a blast to read. Take care mom doing great !

The Johnsons said...

There once was a girl who had a curl right in the middle of her forehead. And when she was good, she was very, very good. And when she was bad, she was horrid.
Bitty's just hiding her curl!
LJ has darling rolls!

Devine Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devine Family said...

Whoops...I love Adelaide's outfit (I can relate, Aidan insisted on wearing a batman cape to Safeway today)! Lindy looks so sweet!! Two can be a ton of work in the beginning, but in a few years I'm sure they will be wonderful playmates!

Kara said...

Sounds like you have it all together! Two happy, beautiful girls! Love all the pictures. I hope LindyJean stays a great sleeper! How are the nights treating you?

Amber said...

So excited you all are doing great and juggling two! It sounds like a happy and well balanced household! Nice work Mama! I can't wait to see you all! Hugs!

Jeff and Emily said...

I love LindyJean's chunkiness!! I want to squeeze her!