Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just the highlights

I spent Tuesday 8.31.10 to Monday 9.6.10 at Ma & Pa's for the Canning Marathon, which I've decided not to post about, reference the link above to Staci's blog for details. Aside from slaving endlessly over a hot stove, we did work in a touch of fun too!

What is going on here? Not sure, I was in the house tending to LindyJean. However, I LOVE the expressions on their faces.

Bitty is "fixing" Nana's hair. Good luck with that. Doesn't Nana look absolutely thrilled at the prospect of her new hairdresser? Let's give her some scissors.

I don't think I have any pictures of Eric recently with that AR-15 in his hands. His new love. Notice how Bitty is trying to hand him a shotgun shell? Start 'em early, ya'll!

Wooooohoooo look at me, I'm holding the ButterBean! Good job, Grandad. He thinks she has a startling likeness to the Michelen man.

My best pal from university, Sam, happened to be passing close by and so they took a detour and stopped and visited for a while. She is to be deployed to the U.A.E. on November 5. She is an officer in the AirForce. Her daughter is three, her name is Addison, and she is a ball of fire. Adam, her husband was there too, but did make the photo op.


After our camping trip, Adelaide has developed a deep interest in tents. THANK YOU, Trisha and BabyRu, for lending us this beauty. She slept (at both naptime & bedtime) in this tent for 5 days. At times, she required that I "move camp" and take the tent to a new spot. I cannot imagine what this child will be when she grows up... certainly, nobody's lackey - the kid has a mind of her own.

6 comments:

Jeff and Emily said...

LindyJean is reallly starting to look like you!!

Brian and Staci said...

That was a superb 5 days! I LOVED IT!

Lori O. said...

I want to have a camp out next summer in Terri's backyard with a cook out, tents and the whole nine yards.

The Johnsons said...

Bitty is a ball of character! We need to get together SOON! That baby girl is getting so big!

Kara said...

What a great week! I love all the pictures. They really show the fun that you had.

Trisha said...

So glad Bitty liked the tent. I hope Ru likes it as much some day too...