Friday, July 29, 2011

Life as Me...

A post for JoMama...

No photos, I apologize you're stuck with just my frivolous word smithing. Life has been most fabulous and, simultaneously, completely hellish as of late. Let's start with the shitstorm that arrived after a near full week sojourn provided to me by my most lovely ma-in-law and handsome husband (more on that later).

I managed to delete our entire library of family photos... yep, massive blunder. Thank goodness we pay for Carbonite and I was able to recover them, however it took an entire week for the back up system to download the 40 Gb of 10,980 photos and tied up our computer for SEVEN days. Which made Mr. Stagg even more annoyed by my monumental screwup. It also has caused me to fall seriously behind on my bookkeeping for the business as I did not want to restart the computer to boot to the Windows side of my newly partitioned Macbook (which I had to do b/c Intuit does not seem to think it necessary to make a usable version of Quickbooks for Macs... I hate Intuit.)

I broke my toe. As if it's not hard enough to waddle around hugely pregnant, I've clumsily added the bonus of an unexpectedly painful broken pinkie toe. Awesome! Even if I was not totally knocked up with our soon to be third baby (in four years), there is not much that can be done for it - except that you can visit the chiropractor and she can snap it back where it belongs (which, at the time, hurts so bad you want to punch her in the face, but within 12 hours makes the toe/foot feel MUCH better).

There are a number of small blunders that accompany these big two, that added to the aggravation of the big two, but I am not going to recount them. Not so much as to save you the boredom of reading them, but so that I might not plunge back into the pit of despair over what an idiot I can be at times. I am not sure if I am just realizing what a moron I am or if pregnancy not only makes you temporarily crazy/super-dooper hormonal and whale-like in your proportions, but also just plain stupid?

The good news... as we are nearing the end of this third pregnancy adventure, I was gifted 4 days to myself at home. Eric took Bitty and they went camping for 5 days (I'll get a post up soon, now that I can use the computer again) and Trudi, my ma-in-law, took LindyJean for 4 days. Let me tell you, it was FABULOUS. You get in the groove of mothering your children, pampering your husband, keeping house, and whatever else you add to your schedule and you do not realize that you are NEVER alone. Never left to your own thoughts and devices. Anyone who thinks they have no free time and is childless, has NO idea what they are talking about. I am also convinced that everytime you add a kiddo, you can look back and say to yourself, "What the hell was I doing with all that free time before 'what's his/her face' arrived?"

I had dinner with girlfriends, went to my book club, shopped, cleaned my house (and it stayed that way for days, not minutes), lounged about, read, gardened, caught up on all my bookkeeping chores, worked a day at the winery, cooked, and enjoyed myself immensely. We are very early risers in our household and I even stayed in bed reading one morning until 9 am. I highly recommend an "at home alone vacation" for all mothers. It is like someone hit the reset button and you have a new lease on life. Yay!

However, the return to reality can be a bit rocky. The quantity of laundry, whininess, and general chaos that returned with my loving children & husband was a rude and unexpected ending to a beautiful sojourn from my real life. However, I must say I am very glad to have them back and it's never boring 'round here!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Jolene,
I love this post! I can relate to it so much! Not only did I beak my toe during the waddling days of pregnancy, but I find myself asking "What on earth did I do during Tyler's three hour naps before Nathan came along?"

What a relief that all of your family photos could be restored! If all else had failed, at least we have our blogs to access some of our favorites. I can't imagine the stress that went along with learning they had been deleted though.

We think about you often and send you lots of love!

Trudi said...

I'm happy to give you a R&R anytime......meaning, I'll take the kids:) Love from your "ma-in-law"

Jeff and Emily said...

Oh man, this post makes me tired!!! So sorry about your toe but it did make me laugh just a little, I can just imagine it all going down. Good thing you had a back-up system for your pictures that is so stressful!
Good luck with the weeks ahead, no more breaking body parts preggo!