Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Baking...

Today was dedicated to kitchenly pursuits.  I think that I may have just made up a word, 'kitchenly.'  The appropriate adjective would be culinary, but I am sticking with kitchenly.
As I have alluded in other posts, I make all of our bread and today I baked.  I had some bananas and pumpkin that need to be used, so I made a quick bread that I think I will call Autumn Day Delight Bread (for those of you who have seen the film Waitress, naming of the bread in this fashion will make sense).  I also had a loaf of Robin's Bread beginning to get stale, so I made a batch of bread crumbs and Eric's favorite garlic croutons out of that.  Thirdly, I wanted a hearty bread to accompany the Delicato Bisque that we are having for supper this evening so I made Pain de Campagne.  An excellent 'country style' loaf of french origins made with rye flour and perfumed by the addition of oregano and black pepper.  Needless to say, we are eating well at the Stagg household - as if my waistline were not evidence enough. :)

3 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

I hate you for being so good at bread baking, that looks delicious!! You should call urban dictionary and have them add your new word- kitchenly!

riggs family said...

you my friend are amazing. to say the least i struggle in the kitchen. I burn rolls out of store much less home made bread. Your hubby is one lucky man.

Stephanie V said...

Aagh!!! Can I please have a weekend of baking lessons from you sometime?! I am SO jealous! :)