Monday, November 3, 2008

random thoughts


Does this picture remind anyone else of those old "bitter beer face" commercials?  In the not so distant future, Adelaide may be angry with me for posting this hysterical photo.  

Just a few thoughts...  
  • Don't forget to exercise your grand privilege of the vote (and please use it wisely, there is a lot at stake)!
  • Do you know that most people are kinder to strangers than they are to their spouses?  Do something nice for your husband/wife today. 
  • You should try to bake your own bread - I have been doing it for almost three years now and it taste better, is better for you, is cheaper, and is not very difficult.  However, I will warn you that if your husband likes it as much as mine does, he may refuse to eat store purchased bread and you'll have to do it FOREVER.  
  • To the mamas - has anyone else considered going to cloth diapers?  I bought my first setup for them yesterday to try it out, have I lost my mind?  I don't think so, my mother-in-law would beg to differ (maybe she thought I was a nut to begin with!  :) Love ya, Trudi). It is much cheaper (particularly when Adelaide averages 12 diapers/day) and it cuts down on the hideous amount of garbage we create.  
  • Tell your Dad you love him today - you never know when he'll be gone and Dad's are taken for granted a lot.
  • Does anybody out there watch The Office?  Eric and I don't watch television, but we are addicted to Netflix and we got that show.  Eric hates it, doesn't think it is funny at all.  I, on the other hand, laugh out loud and love it.  Does he not like it because he has never worked in a office and just doesn't get it? 
I hope that everyone has a lovely day.  Enjoy the vivid color and crisp air of fall.  

2 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

Well as I may be biased as well, but I would agree your child is hilariously cute! I would even consider babysitting...(when she is out of the crying and pooping so many times a day stage) :) Great blogging!

Brad and Steph V said...

Jolene, yes, I agree...you have the cutest bitty around... :) that picture is classic...and I wouldn't feel too bad about putting it on the blog...that's one of the perks of bein' the mama, right? :) :) Great blog!!!
-Steph