Wednesday, November 5, 2008

USA

Well folks, it's no secret that I am the conservative sort, so you can imagine my disappointment at the election results (not that Mr John McCain would have been much better, quite honestly). However, I must say that I am proud of the fact that America elected a black man, although I would have preferred Alan Keyes or Bill Cosby.

The point of my post is that we shouldn't give up hope.  All of those who believe in self-reliance, integrity, a day's hard work, God, the coupling of responsibility and rights, small government, charity (given out of the kindness of one's heart - not 'nanny state' mandated), and our right to bear arms, achievement through merit... to name a few, we must now, more than ever, strengthen our families and communities.  I think the most appropriate action for us is as Ghandi stated, "Be the change you wish to see in the world."  Continue to lead by example and let it be known what your values and beliefs are, do not let political correctness and other pressures silence you.  

I have a baby and today's America is not the legacy I would like to leave to her.

Food for thought: 2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

2 comments:

Fuccillo Family said...

Preach it girlfriend! Jo- Thanks for the nice comment, it really does mean a lot when others take time to appreciate our military service. As for babies, lets just say, I hope my kid turns out at least half as cute as little Ade-Lou! Because I don't know how much more of this pregnancy thing I can take!

Anonymous said...

So Jolene,

I am not that conservative, but I think this change is really great. You know how I stand to war on Iraq. And I think Mr. Obama will not run out of Iraq that fast he promised. But he will close Quantanamo, I think and this is great.
Maybe the US gets back a little bit of respect which the US lost all over the world.
I hope Obama gets old. But I don`t think so...
But enough politics now.
How are You all?
I am reading Your blog twice a week ;-)

Yourhighness