Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mittens

I LOVE TO KNIT!

Here are a pair of mittens that I knitted for Bitty.  It is cold and she didn't have anything; I couldn't see buying a pair when I could make them with yarn I had on hand.  
Remember when you were a kid and your mittens were attached to a string and subsequently strung through your jacket so you wouldn't lose them?  I put buttons on the mittens and knit a 'mitten lanyard' that is removable.  These are too cute.  I am now knitting a pair in beige and green for my neighbor Baby Jacob.  Two hoorahs for "Suzie Homemaker's" everywhere!

To all the naysayers that stated there wouldn't be time for this once the baby came along... I'll show you!  I don't anticipate that happening until Adelaide starts walking or we add another one.  :)
Thanks to Gammy Stagg for the adorable jacket to go with the mittens!

1 comment:

Brian and Staci said...

Oh man those are SOOOOO cute! I am jealous! I want a pair of mittens that latch onto my coat! :)