Thursday, February 19, 2009

Count your blessings...

This post is a prayer request.  And, a reminder to all of us who regularly complain about trivialities to be thankful that your problems are so minor.

Samantha & Adam Pitman - a very rotten incident has landed Airman Adam in the Brig.  He was falsely accused of something by a fellow female member of the air force.   Because the military is so sensitive about these issues, they often side with the female accuser in spite of little or no evidence.  Sam is at home, in Montana, with their nearly two year old daughter, Addison.  Please pray that Adam's appeal is successful, that he stays hopeful (while in military prison in South Carolina), and for Sam to be strong in the face of this adversity.

Cottrell Family - an unfortunate skiing accident has taken our friend Justin Cottrell home to the Lord.  He was a beloved grade school teacher, 33 years old, and married to my friend Shala - whom is 7 months pregnant with their first child.   There is a lot you can pray for in this situation... it breaks my heart.

Grandpappy - my father is in the midst of a difficult battle with MS that he appears to be losing.  He is sad, angry, tired, and in pain.  Please pray that he finds hope, that he might try to live each day with grace, and that his emotional & physical anguish is lessened.

Baby Justus - Justus Fuccillo was born on November 14 and he was due to arrive January 23. This adorable fellow has endured a number of complications, surgeries, illness/infection, & treatments (which can, at times, be as brutal as the thing they boast to cure).  He seems to be improving, but is not out of the woods yet.  Pray for a speedy and complete recovery.  Pray that his parents, Sarah & Andy, may feel the Lord's hand on their shoulder and that He instills a sense of hope and capability in their hearts.

I am thankful for my family's good health, for my beautiful baby and adoring husband, for my humble home, and all the blessings I receive daily.  

Live each day with grace, boys and girls!

3 comments:

Jeff and Emily said...

I will keep all of these families in my thoughts and prayers :/

riggs family said...

I didn't know your dad had MS. My step dad is fighting this disease as well. May they find a cure, and end the suffering.
You probably already know that I am a neonatal intensive care nurse. Premature babies, fight a battle to live with the tenacity of someone 10x their age, and size. The pain the parents feel, is very real as well. Life is precious, friends of ours just lost their 6 year old little girl to brain cancer. I haven't looked at my own children the same since. I'll be praying for these familes.

Kara said...

You have to warn pregnant ladies not to read your blog! I am so sorry for all of the suffering. I will certainly keep all of your loved ones in my prayers. We do have to count our blessings and appreciate what we have.