Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Happy half way there...


Adelaide Louise is 6 months old today!!!  Holy cow, it feels like yesterday & 10 years have past - does anyone know what I mean by that?  Quite honestly, I don't clearly recollect our lives before her.  

We just returned from her "well baby" check up.  At her last appointment at 4 months of age she only weighed 11 lbs 4 oz!  I was very worried because she was so small, turns out she is just a midget (it would appear that Bitty is an approp
riate nickname, huh?).  Today she weighed in at 13 lbs 10 oz.  Still very tiny for her age, but that is good weight gain.  In comparison (which they say your not supposed to do, but who can help themselves?), our next door neighbor, baby Jacob, who is 3 months old today, already is about 15 lbs and is huge compared to Bitty.  He is the kind of chubby baby that everyone adores, in addition to the fact that he is Mister Smiley Charmer.  I'll have to get a picture of him and his sister Elizabeth for the blog.

Here are photos from the last 6 months... she has changed so much!  Non-C-section babies need some time to get cute after being squished through the birth canal.  Thankfully, Bitty got cute after a month or so. :)


August 8
August 10
August 16
September 5

September 28

November 12

February 9

5 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

Wow it is a good thing she got cuter over the months. I love the rainbow baby legs! She looks so different all the time. I like the time progression pics!

Kara said...

Happy six months! That's so exciting! I also have to comment on her leggings. They are too cute! Keep up the great work!

JoMama said...

Goodness - my belly! I cannot hardly believe that 6 months ago I was the size of a house and weighed 210 lbs. Pregnancy is just so fabulous, really. :)

Jeff and Emily said...

I too love those leggings... flashdance! And look how big you were! Major props to you for getting so tiny in 6 months...wow!

riggs family said...

Congrats on 6 months!! Don't worry about size too much, we all come in different sizes and shapes, as long as she's eating. Payton will be three in 4 months, and he is just barely getting into size 2T clothes. He weighed 16 lbs at one, and Jenna is the smallest kid in her kindergarten class. We don't grow them big in my family either.