Friday, April 3, 2009

Bread, mmmmmmm...

As you may know, I am an avid baker.   
In an effort to save money and add variation to our diet, we also eat meatless dinners 3-4 nights per week.  Last night was dubbed meatless or vegetarian (Eric, and I quote, "...vegetarian!!!  That's what real food eats." However, the man NEVER complains once the food is on the table, he will eat anything that is not tied down.).
We had Butternut Squash Ravioli with our homemade canned Marinara & Pana Gradano, Spinach salad with Eric's favorite Poppyseed dressing (if you like Poppyseed dressing I have a great recipe) and Garlic and Tomato Focaccia - tomatoes are not worth purchasing this time of year because they taste like wet cardboard, I dehydrated a bunch of mine from last year and reconstituted them in water & olive oil.     
Proofing the loaf - after you have formed the loaf/round it needs an additional rise before baking, lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
GARLICKY GOODNESS!!!  Anybody want a kiss?

Finished product.  It was really tasty.

BITTY
Here are a couple photos from after our diapering/dressing drama from the other day and I had to post them because she looks so very much like my mom & sister in them... does anyone else see the likeness?


This photo says Terri Ann Hunter & Staci Jean Faw are in my genes! (If you don't know my sister - she is Mom's spittin' image.)  Her face looks just like 'em.

5 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

Why can't you be my live in chef? Well that might be bad, I would get a little chunkier then I think I'd like to be....anyway, yep I think you kids kinda looks like me. Lucky her! hehehe!

riggs family said...

amazing, a talent i wished I had!! I agree, bitty looks just like you're mom, and stacy!!

Kimmer said...

Hi Jolene! Fun to see your comment on my blog. I will have to look more closely at it when I have time today. Thanks for the compliment about Jack. I have had a lot of people tell me that he looks like Bryan and lately when he wakes up in the morning, he reminds me a lot of him, too. He also looks a lot like my husband. :) I'll make more comments when I have a chance to look at pics of your little girl.

Kimmer said...

I meant that I will look more closely at YOUR blog when a get a chance. :) I should do better proofreading...

Fuccillo Family said...

Oh man, Bitty and Bread... two things that I love!