Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mow the Lawn, Eric!

Adelaide has taken to calling Eric by his name, here and there. She does this either for emphasis or when she thinks he is not listening. A few quotes (Can you hear me, naggy-wife, in these phrases?), "Get off the phone Eric," "Cut it out, daddy, CUT IT OUT, Eric!," and "Eric, mow the lawn."

I wasn't feeling well and Eric was being ordered to mow the lawn, so he strapped Bitty to his back, gave her some ear protection (he's big on ear protection, as he has lost a fair bit of hearing from loud machinery), and they were on their way! She loved it.

I don't whether or not he could hear her, but she chatted to him nearly the entire time.


5 comments:

sarah fuccillo photography said...

WAY TOO FUNNY!!!! i can just hear her sweet little voice... "cut it out eric!" oh man, i can't wait to see what life is like when bitty is a teen ;)

Brian and Staci said...

oh man watch out world when she is a teen. Nice moby...looks like its working good.

Lori O. said...

Kudos to Eric in my eyes you are the man. I am not sure the Overman men would have ever been so creative. I can't watch the kid and mow the lawn would have been much easier.... Yeah Eric !

The Johnsons said...

Oh my word. I love that he's using a 3rd world mama wrap - it's adds to the delightful image!

Jeff and Emily said...

hahahaha! You should send this pic to Moby. Who would think that Dad's could use them too? We found one for 15 bucks yesterday at the MOPS garage sale, (Mothers of preschoolers?) so I had to get it. Mine is light purple though, so I'm pretty sure Jeff will not be caught dead wearing it.