Monday, October 4, 2010

yakivegas

Friday 10.1.10

Could they be cuter? I think not. Salome & Bitty taking a break from squealing and wreaking havoc to munch on some string cheese. I went to visit Dana, who lives is YakiVegas - "Palm Springs of Washington" (there is a sign just outside of Yakima that actually says that) - to visit and meet her new baby, Mariel, born 9.11.10.

Incidentally, I got no photos of her b/c everytime I thought to or had the camera out, either I was nursing LindyJean or Mariel was on the breast herself! They call her "Stickers" and she is the tiniest, cutest thing you ever saw. She could use your prayers... she has a heart condition and down syndrome and it looks like they'll be spending some time at Seattle Children's Hospital trying to figure out exactly what is going on with her heart.

They both love babies... little ogres.

Salome's baby is not as interactive as Bitty's yet and Salome seemed to enjoy LindyJean's responsiveness. Stickers is still in the newborn stage - translating for a toddler as a squeaky, boobyfiend, who steals all of Mama's attention. :)

Happy Camper.


Bitty & Salome colored, played hide & seek, chased bubbles, danced, sang, ate snacks, played with noodle balls & puzzles and generally had a fabulous time. Good company. Thanks for hosting us Dana!

2 comments:

Fuccillo Family said...

you should do a photo progression of bitty's pig tails. i can't believe how long they are now! and can the fuccillos please come watch the balloons next year with the staggs!??!!!

Jeff and Emily said...

what little cuties! I remember having my little girl friends over when I was little, it was always so much fun. I will keep little Stickers in my prayers.