Saturday, November 21, 2009

Blah Blah Blase Blogging

I don't know if it's a regular ol' slump or first trimester ickies, but my blogging as of late has been garbage. Additionally, I haven't taken a decent photo in 6-8 weeks. Something interesting needs to happen to the Stagg Clan and quickly. With the holidays upon us, there is bound to be family tomfoolery which might be described as interesting (depending on your use of the adjective - for example, "Wow, this chicken is very, um... interesting).

Above, you'll find another odd childhood photo. Our first doggy, Duke, Staci - in a garbage can, and me - stuffing my face with crackers. When I peruse the pictorial images from our days as young 'uns, I often wonder, "where in the hell is my mother and if she was dutifully watching over us, what the hell was she thinking?" At the very least, we can never complain that our youth suffered from lack of adventure nor was it short on imagination. We survived and frankly it was fun. I only hope that my kids will be able to look back and remember things so fondly (most things anyway - picking rocks, cutting suckers, and weeding will never be remembered fondly, but are now appreciated for what they taught us).

6 comments:

Lori O. said...

Duke is saying better you than me.
You girls were characters. I have a pic somewhere that you are covered in paint. I just love it.

Brian and Staci said...

Remember the black eye I gave you with the baseball game of cup and stick and how you chased me through the house wanting to beat me...childhood was a fabulous time at the hunter house. And I agree your blogging has really sucked lately, this is a football slap on the butt, pick it up kid.

Queen of Dirt said...

Well, I watched alot of little white lines on the highway all the way to Medford Oregon and back again. Lots of really good music too, Thanks Eric. Stanley came home with me, darn I should not be so stubborn!

Queen of Dirt said...

Your cheeks look like they are stuffed full--chipmunk--of crackers.

Queen of Dirt said...

Staci looks like she belongs on a Dutch Boy paint can. Ever seen those hair cuts?

sarah fuccillo photography said...

I love that your mom said staci looks like the "dutch boy"! And your dog doesn't even look like he's interested in the crackers... he looks like he's more interested in eating staci!
i must say, your blogging has been okay for me... i love the "vintage" photos ;)