Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Garage and an incident

We are getting around to finishing our garage. Eric and his dad, Bob, put in my storage shelving. I'll get better photos when he has completely finished, as Mr. Perfectionist has turned this into the Taj Mahal of garages. He stained the 2x4's before building the shelves.
Bitty says, "Holy cow! He is actually going to finish this project."
You know what they say about being a contractor's wife... everybody's house, but your own, gets worked on!

Nice work, Eric!

Eric and I did yard clean up yesterday. We raked all the leaves (if you've been to our neighborhood, you can imagine the nightmare that is) and then Eric decided he wanted it to look perfect, so he announced he would mow the lawn and "vacuum any remaining leaf bits, this lawn is going to be spotless baby!" In the process he mowed over a lime size rock which shot out of the mower like a canon ball and tore through the window in our office. It, very luckily, did no damage to any of us or our stuff. It was crazy. There was glass thrown all the way down the hall and in the farthest reaches of the guest bedroom which is at the opposite end of the house.
I guess I should be more specific when I asked for excitement. :)

6 comments:

Queen of Dirt said...

Bob doesn't look like he is working all that hard. Must have been time to have a warm tea and a soft chair to rest his old hide. Hi Bob :)

Brian and Staci said...

Wowza...that is crazy! I can't wait to see the Taj Mahal! Bittykins looks older!

Lori O. said...

I think you should install a murphy bed in the Taj Mahal.. Then you could say you had a guest house. Lets be careful out there. Is that where bitty got the throwing rocks from??

Jeff and Emily said...

The picture with Bitty sitting is so cute, she looks like a little munchkin!!

Kara said...

I agree. I LOVE the picture of Adelaide on the shelves!!

riggs family said...

bitty is so cute, I love the hats!! So, I didn't know you were expecting too. When are you due? We really need to meet up sometime it's ridiculous we live so close, and haven't met up yet. Hope you feel better soon!