Friday, December 25, 2009

December 25

Maybe the best Christmas ever! We really, really enjoyed ourselves and our family. By far, it was the greatest holiday dinner in as long as I can remember... Thyme, Rosemary, Shallot, & Garlic rubbed Prime Rib with homemade Cabernet Au Jus, Garlic & Parmesan Smashed Potatoes, Brussell Sprouts in Feta, an Herb & Spring Mix Salad and Ukranian Christmas bread. It was a meal fit for a king and it was lovely!!! I haven't yet mentioned dessert -
Staci was in charge of dessert and her creations shone like the brightest of stars. This is her Mallow Cranberry Cheesecake topped with candied Cranberries... you might kill someone for a piece of this. It WAS that good.

Bitty ate entirely too many cookies, most of which were given to her by Grandad. Here she is eating one of Gramma Hunter's (Dad's Mom) famous Crescents. A pecan shortbread cookie rolled in powdered sugar. Grandad gave her the powder sugar mustache. Cute, huh?

Another of Aunty Staci's incredible and delectable after dinner treats, Spiced Triple Berry Pie. Another dessert that might cause you to consider committing a crime if that was what it took to get some of it! I'll toot my horn and let ya'll know that I made the crust. :)

ADELAIDE LOUISE in one of her fancy outfits. She really does enjoy getting all gussied up! Merry, merry Christmas. I can only hope that everyone's holiday was as great as our was.

4 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

um the prime rib cooked by you was to kill for. wowza!

Queen of Dirt said...

I am still tasting all that deliciousness. Now if Eric and I could just sing, all would have been perfect.

Lori O. said...

yes, who plays the piano and sings show tunes? You make all my cooking seem like slop.I am in dire need of improvement.... in the food prep dept.

Queen of Dirt said...

Eric played guitar, Jolene can sing and I just sort of bark out words. Really it was fun but very sour sounding.