Saturday, April 30, 2011

Busted

Our irrigation busted. Leaking under the front porch, pouring out water, threatening to flood the basement busted... on a Friday afternoon at 5:00 pm. Great timing! The guys at the city were thrilled, I'm sure, when we called them to come over and get the irrigation turned off. However, they were quick to action, super helpful, and we got the flowing water stopped.

From there, handy dandy hubby (aka Eric) got a DitchWitch, some pvc, a few valves, and other supplies I am not familiar with and got to work.
Aren't they a lovely photo?

Notice Bitty in the background - filling her pocket with dirt!

Look! Dirt, dirt, dirty dirt, dirt Mama! She was displeased when I shortly hereafter made her strip, dump out her dirty dirt, washed her down, and made her nap. Apparently, I ruin all the fun stuff.

"Helping" Dad... it takes about 400 years longer to do just about anything when they are helping, but how else do the kiddos learn?

LindyJean discovered the HUGEST worm I've seen in a long time. She leaned over, looked in the trench, and then practically jumped in after something and up she came with this guy. She was content to pass him between her hands and giggle for about 10 minutes, but then...

This is directly after she tore it in two and stuffed one half in her mouth. So very disgusting LindyJean.



Here's a photo of me. I am HUGE already. This is going to be a fat all over, whale of a pregnancy. I shrunk this sweater and was mad, then I realized it served very well as a pregnancy yard work shrug of sorts. Keeps you warm but does not interfere with the belly. Eric asked me if I got it half price, since I only got half a sweater.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Love the dirt in her pocket! Tyler just discovered his and I can't wait to see what I'll find. I can't believe Lindy Jean ate the worm...yuck (although I do think Russ would be proud).

Brian and Staci said...

Really a worm? Lindyjean class it up! Wow bitty really is one of a kind.

Jeff and Emily said...

Haha! I cracked up with the picture of Lindyjean...thata girl! Those girls will be great in the garden just like their mom and dad. You look lovely!