Saturday, April 9, 2011

El Jardin 2011

Oh the grandiose plans I'd made for my garden and yard this year... then I got knocked up again. Hmmmppfffffff!

In order to stay sane, well rested, and maintained a garden & yard well-tended I've decided to focus my efforts on my food garden, Eric can take care of the grass, and the flowers will be of little concern (boo!).

Note the lovely blue skies... gardening season has arrived! LindyJean looks real impressed with me.

Eric decided that to optimize sun exposure on each row we should go at a diagonal this year. It looks pretty good to boot.

Here's the whole of it. Chives are thriving!

Ma was kind enough to do a bunch of starts and here is a lug of broccoli, cauliflower, greens, cabbages, brussel sprout, herbs, and tomatoes.

Bitty, ever ready gardener, is "planting grass."

3 comments:

Kara said...

Good luck with your garden this year. The blue skies really are beautiful! Adelaide looks like she's ready to help pick up the slack (although you are far more ambitious than I am and I'm not even preggers this time)

Lori O. said...

Can't wait to see the picture when all is planted and growing strong. How do you keep LindyJean in one spot. You can do this you are my inspiration. Good luck don't go crazy.

The Johnsons said...

Not a bad way to spend your birthday . . . which you slyly didn't mention! Hope it was happy!