Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Eldest

I do possess the title of "The Eldest." Being the eldest sibling and the eldest grandchild in the Boufford clan (maternal side of the family), I maintain the distinction by being your average type A, run of the mill overachieving, bossy pants, know-it-all firstborn. But, I digress... I have achieved an elderly milestone, THIRTY. Mind you, 30 is good. 30 is old enough for people to begin to take you serious, but no one can call you decrepit or make old jokes yet.

I think I had hoped for some giant bash, replete with lots of fabulous food and possibly excessive drinking. However my husband has thoughtlessly knocked me up again, and so I spent my third birthday in the last four quietly enjoying a nice meal out and sipping water. Thank the Lord Aunty Staci showed up with an amazing cake and my neighbors offered to take us all out to dinner at quaint and delicious local establishment.

It was a lovely evening and I sincerely want to express my gratitude to Eric, Staci, Boss, Brian & Lisa for making it so!
Taking a break from supervising Aunty Staci's assembly of the rainbow cake (which included commentary such as, "you need to do it PROPERLY Staci" to "Ooooo, you missed a spot!!!") in order to make a quick iPhone video.

Bitty & Boss reading "SkippyJon Jones." Which is a really great children's book. We highly reccomend anything SkippyJon, particularly when your daddy or uncle are seriously gringo and hilariously struggle with the Spanish/Spanglish in reading these tales. However, kudos to Boss as he is always ready to read a book or two and we really like that!

Birthday dinner feast at Wine O'Clock, a local winery/restaurant that is quite excellent and child friendly... see below.

Miss LindyJean, modicum of table manners, mowing down an entire piece of pesto, eggplant, and portobello pizza. She ate nearly the entire slice, among other things she devoured.

Aunty Staci and Bitty, with Boss enjoying his aged cheddar, bacon, & pear pizza!


We adjourned from the restaurant to our house for Aunty Staci's delectable and delightful rainbow cake. It was oh-so-yummy.

5 comments:

Kara said...

It really does look like you had a wonderful birthday. Happy Birthday again! Brian's pizza sounds amazing!!

Brian and Staci said...

I was going to make an old comment but I guess I will save it for your 40th. :) Which lets hope your not knocked up that birthday too, we have alot of making up to do.

The Johnsons said...

Love the preggo Jo photo! Here's to 30 - 3 decades of charater under your belt and many more to come!

Lori O. said...

That is the thing about being 30 years old and beyond nothing and i mean nothing is ever what you might expect. My word of wisdom is to never expect and just begin to take life as it comes. Much better that way !

Jeff and Emily said...

You are looking gorgeous Jo! Happy Birthday again, the food looked wonderful.