Saturday, July 24, 2010

camp out

Eric's birthday is coming up and he decided he wants to go on a 5 day family camping trip. In preparation, he came to the conclusion that we needed a "dry run." Setting up the giant tent in our little backyard and deciding that the entire family would sleep there...
Atila & LindyJean assisting Daddy.

Bitty insisted that she hold "my baby."



... Pretending to sleep. Her bedtime is 7:30 and she buzzed around the tent, hollering, jumping on & off her cot, making sure everyone else was covered with a blankie, squealing about bugs in the tent and how I needed to squish them, and generally acting berserkers. She did not fall asleep until 10:30 and did so curled up on the tent floor in the crook of my leg. It was pretty fun, however I slept like crap and was kinda grumpy on Sunday.

7 comments:

Kara said...

What a great idea! You are so brave to try that out! Did LindyJean sleep through Adelaide's noise?

Good luck when you go for five nights!!

Brian and Staci said...

THAT'S AWESOME! I bet she was going beserkers! I can hear her now! :) I am so jealous of a camping trip! Oh man! Awesome!

Brian and Staci said...

THAT'S AWESOME! I bet she was going beserkers! I can hear her now! :) I am so jealous of a camping trip! Oh man! Awesome!

Andrea Elliott said...

Hey there!

I just found your blog and am thoroughly enjoying reading it! Your posts are so fun and it is great to look at all the pictures!

Also, you are extremely brave taking your little one's "camping." I have barely made it out of my own house with my own little one... even to grocery shop!

Lori O. said...

I remember letting the boys sleep in the backyard in our tent. We called it the condo because it had a zipper down the middle making 2 rooms ana a covered patio. You know me always over kill. Ha

The Johnsons said...

I think you're crazy. I love camping as much as the next gal, but this is out of control! Suerte!

Queen of Dirt said...

Que es suerte el Katieola Johnsono