Thursday, July 8, 2010

Food

I love to eat. Here's the last few days culinary delights...
A poppyseed cake with raspberry jam & custard filling. It was prepared for Uncle Russ' birthday, but it was his 60th and he was a no show... pouting at home over becoming, officially, an old fart.

I also made cooked raspberry jam (the last post was freezer jam). Ingredients above.

Stirring the pot!

Prepared jars being placed in water bath for processing.

Yum.

This lovely treat is a homemade turkey pot pie... my friend Pamela made them for us so that when I didn't feel like cooking I could pull them from the freezer and VOILA, dinner! They were so delicious and she even decorated them with an S for Stagg. Good work Pam.

4 comments:

Brian and Staci said...

Go PAM! That pot pie looks delish! And the jam pics, i am uber impressed!

Brian and Staci said...

Go PAM! That pot pie looks delish! And the jam pics, i am uber impressed!

Lori O. said...

I would like that recipe for the pot pie if you ever get it. It is the sauce part and crust i am the most interested in. The dress pic was cute no worries for another. all that cooking with 2 peanuts around i am SO impressed.

Amber said...

You and your sis are so amazing! I drool everytime I see your food! Love all your pics babe, and I can't wait to see little miss Lidybean! Hugs!